Here are a few pubs we recommend - to name just a few of the closest. These are all high quality, traditional pubs with a strong emphasis on locally sourced, excellently prepared food, great ales and fine wines.
- The Bell at Ticehurst
- The Small Holding in Kilndown
- The Bull Inn at Three Legged Cross, Ticehurst
- The Great House in Hawkhurst
- The Old Vine in Lamberhurst
- The Crown in Hastings gets a special mention - it won the Observer Food Monthly pub of the year
(Further afield there are The Middle House and The Rose and Crown in Mayfield and many other great establishments less than half an hour away in Tunbridge Wells, Hastings and Brighton.)