Here are a few pubs we recommend - to name just a few of the closest. These are all high quality, traditional pubs with a strong emphasis on locally sourced, excellently prepared food, great ales and fine wines.
- The Bell at Ticehurst
- The Bull Inn at Three Legged Cross, Ticehurst
- The Great House in Hawkhurst
- The Vineyard in Lamberhurst
- The George Inn in Robertsbridge
- The Crown in Hastings gets a special mention - it won the Observer Food Monthly pub of the year
(Further afield there are The Middle House and The Rose and Crown in Mayfield, The Boars Head in Crowborough and many other great establishments less than half an hour away in Tunbridge Wells and Hastings.)